As representatives of the gospel of Jesus Christ, we seek to conduct ourselves, both professionally and personally, in a manner worthy of the gospel, acting with integrity, humility, innovation, excellence and accountability. As a congregation, we hold certain things to be true from Scripture:
- In an age of anxiety, we believe that real peace comes from Jesus Christ.
- In an age of confusion, we believe that the Bible is the word of God, without error.
- In an age of doubt, we believe that Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
- In an age of guilt, we believe that Jesus died on the cross to remove the power of sin from our lives.
- In an age of hopelessness, we believe that Jesus rose physically from death – and so will we rise.
- In an age of skepticism, we believe that God is at work in the sacraments of Holy Baptism and Holy Communion.
- In an age of despair, we believe God’s promises to heal and transform us.
- In an age of violence, we believe that God calls us to embody his love in the world.
- In an age of constant change, we believe in the unchanging Holy Trinity — Father, Son and Holy Spirit.